fbpx

5 Achromatic Design Ideas For Those Who Love Black And White

If there is one color scheme that will remain a forever classic, it’s probably the combination of black and white. It’s a theme that translates really well in most modern contemporary homes and can be experimented with as you wish. From materials to textures there is a lot that you can tweak to personalize this concept, and further we’ll be looking at a few great inspirations for you:

 

1. 70% white, 30% black

Interior DesignHome Renovation Image Source: Stylerider Pte Ltd

Attaining the perfect ratio of black and white is extremely important when you’re working with an achromatic theme. This image shows a great interior design theme of this genre where the black and white aspects have been perfectly balanced. A good thumb rule to remember with this concept is that 70% of your ambiance has to be white while the rest of the 30% can be black.

 

2. Perfect play with texture

Interior DesignHome Renovation Image Source: Stylerider Pte Ltd

Textures are an important part of any interior design, but they are especially essential when you’re working with an achromatic theme. If you take a look at this interior design, you’ll see how the use of marble textured laminates and flotaki style area rugs help elevate the whole ambiance. This is the power of textural contrast and you can emulate it in many different ways in your own home interiors.

 

3. Unleash the black accents

Interior DesignHome Renovation Image Source: Stylerider Pte Ltd

The boldness of the black hue is something that never fails to catch the eye, and this makes it the perfect accent color for an achromatic color scheme. Take a look at this image for inspiration on how to use black accents. The chairs, lights, and even the edges of the sheer curtains have been strategically chosen in this hue to add charisma to the white parts of the theme.

 

4. Always use warm lights

Interior DesignHome Renovation Image Source: Stylerider Pte Ltd

If there is one thing that always makes a huge difference in the ambiance of an achromatic color scheme, it’s the temperature of the lighting. Black and white are largely cool colors, but this doesn’t mean that you have to go with cold lighting to complement them. In fact, it’s the total opposite. You have to use warm incandescence of this theme to feel homely and comfortable.

 

5. Shades of black

Interior DesignHome Renovation Image Source: Stylerider Pte Ltd

Just like there are various shades of white, there are also a lot of shades of black that lean down on the grey scale. You can experiment with all of these different hues to create an ambiance that is visually dynamic and truly austere.

 

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment