Easy Sleeping – Latex vs. Coil Mattress
A bed is a very major part of everyday life. It is a place of rest and relaxation. It promotes ease and comfort. So when you design a bedroom, make sure to pay extra attention to the bed. It can be designed in many styles, probably according to the latest fashions. But aside from how it looks, you should also focus on how it feels. The mattress is a basic part of the bed’s body, and there are a lot of choices for selection in the market.
There are many functions that a mattress can carry, but the most prominent of them is that of comfort. A comfortable mattress will also complement the looks of your bed and make it a relaxing spot in your home. To find the perfect mattress, you need to know some of the basics. Today we will be discussing the latex and coil mattress in detail. By observing the pros and cons of both, you can decide which one will be the best for you.
To understand the anatomy of a latex bed, you need to first know of its composition. A latex bed is a completely natural product, and has very few synthetic qualities. Latex is actually a natural byproduct that is derived from the sap of trees, and is the key material that dictates the composition of a latex mattress.
Therefore, a latex mattress will have an almost homogenous formation and is bouncy without the help of coils or springs. The anatomy of a latex mattress consists of small pores that help with air circulation, which makes it an entirely breathable product. Let us look at some pros and cons of this mattress type.
- It is naturally mould-resistant.
- It has exceptional air flow due its breathable physique.
- It has a high customer satisfaction rate.
- It is an organic product.
- It is durable, and does not sag.
- It is recommended for patients with chronic back pains and more.
- It is heavier in weigh.
- It is also relatively expensive.
A coil mattress, as the name suggests is a kind of mattress whose anatomy consists of interspersed coils or springs surrounded by foam. Together, these two offer bounciness and comfort respectively. The ease of a coil mattress depends on a variety of variables, many of which revolve around the number of coils or springs in the mattress, the size of each coil, the gauge of metal of which these coils are made up off and the thickness of the foam.
The coil mattress often feels like a floating or suspended formation – you always feel like your body is being gently supported, but never sink into the mattress itself. Let us look at some pros and cons of a coil mattress.
- It is relatively cheaper than most available mattresses in the market.
- It is a pretty popular genre of mattress and easily available in the market.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- It offers a large range of firmness.
- Can be noisy – the springs will definitely creak after a while.
- The metal coils are said to enhance an electromagnetic radiation.
- Coil mattress has a short lifespan.
- Coil mattresses are definitely prone to sag faster
We hope learning from this article can extend some useful knowledge on these mattresses which in turn can help make a more informed choice while shopping for a new mattress.